Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2020, 03:10 PM   #15
sduff

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Colorado
THOR #12345
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
If had the black sumos and they separated at the glue joint. Sumo replaced them no charge. They gave me the option of the same black or two piece blue. I took the blue. Much better ride with the blue. The black was very rough riding. You could feel every bump on the road. With the blue you sway a little more than the black but its way better than stock

Jerry
Jerry, if I would have known how effective the Bilstein steering dampener/stabilizer was going to be I likely would have went with the blue front Sumos as well.

When I test drove with just the front black Sumo Speings I felt reduced sway and more control driving in the wind at speed, but I still did not feel like I had complete control of my coach.

The Bilstein REALLY tightened things up and gave that additional control and sway reduction that the Sumo Springs could not do on their own.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum