Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2020, 10:37 PM   #24
usjetjock

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #19782
Bought a new Newmar Dutch Star Class A Model 4081. Quality-wise its like comparing a Mercedes to a Yugo. Yes it was three times the money almost.

The issue is that Thor could spend a little more time and and few more dollars and have a quality product, but I don’t think they care since business is booming. There were so many petty issues, like the instruction manual …really? Is it generic for every product? Lots of warning labels though on every page
though, written by the lawyers,.

I’m an engineer, but pity the poor family who isn’t mechanical or handy with tools! The water leak on the heater could have ruined the whole trip if I hadn’t physically knocked out the panel underneath to have access. The dealer’s service department had no idea, in fact they re-sealed the roof, and off we drove to the Smokey Mountains and discovered we were in the “leaking lizzy”, with water running all through the coach!

I could go on an on, but the bottom line is that Thor has some serious issues with the Magnitude. They could fix it all with some design changes and quality control.

USJETJOCK

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum