Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2020, 07:55 PM   #6
ducksface

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
I think that the engineers just squint into the Sin, and then spit into the wind.
If the spit lands beyond their shadow: the tow capacity is higher...

And we get six more weeks of Winter!
That's kinda my point.
That hill was a spit in the wind. (I've done that hill dozens and dozens of times often dodging the test trucks. 3mpg at 35mph pulling a 28ft Bennington up that thing in a 5.3 avalanche ONCE. We won't be doing that again.)

We have some engineers here. What does a 12% grade add to the weight of the pull on the hitch? 199lbs, 1,000lbs, 2,000lb?

The 35mph was a spit in the wind.

So,
Now we know some of the parameters and they aren't exactly safety of welds and bolt grade based.

Can I, in the Midwest with no hope of a 12% grade confidently go what amount of pounds or percent over my tow capacity?

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum