Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2020, 03:08 PM   #41
t0lbert

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: hurricane 34J
State: California
THOR #19488
Quote:
Originally Posted by thutchis View Post
Thanks to all the posters on this thread who have inspired me to come up with what I think is a great solution to the ridiculous cup holder Thor has put into some of their coaches.
Attachment 6050

I found these sewer/drain hub pvc couplers at the hardware. They are thinner than regular schedule 40 PVC fittings. The outside diameter is 3 1/2" and inside 3 1/4". They fit very snugly in the forward holders. I wiped them down with acetone to break the glaze and painted them satin black with Krylon Fusion spray paint.
Attachment 6051

Unfortunately, in the rear cup holders they do not fit snugly and will flop around when a water bottle is put in them. So I tried to find a way to make them snug in the real holders. I found these aluminum sprinkler pipe gaskets that work perfectly.

Attachment 6052
They are a 3" "Wade Rain" gasket and can be found at a commercial agricultural irrigation dealer or ordered here. A little dish soap for lube and then stretch and slide over the couplers about half way down.

So now I put the couplers in the forward holders with the gasket on top.
Attachment 6053

And flip them over to use them in the rear holders where they now fit very snugly and will securely hold a full water bottle without falling over.
Attachment 6054

PM me if you have a specific questions.

i just did this. perfection. my big yeti doesnt move, its amazing. thank you!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum