Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2020, 09:30 AM   #77
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edki45 View Post
I have an Axis 2020 and I'm also very frustrated with the dealer, Thor, Winegard and Verizon. Why do I have to have three different passwords? Especially since I don't know which password to use when.. A lot of these troubles are coming from the fact that Thor was too stupid to read the directions and put the switch in . I have finally managed to get the wi-fi system working by pulling and replacing the fuse. But, I still can't get Verizon 4G connected to it. I have the new sim and Verizon home office has authorized it. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Three different passwords? What are you talking about?

First, the Winegard ConnecT acts like a router or cable modem at home. You need a password to log in just like you router or cable modem at home so you can configure it.

Then any secure WiFi network will have its own password. You can setup WiFi without a password but then any in the campground will be able to tap into your Internet connection... and potentially hack you.

The password for your Verizon account is not used in the setup of the Winegard.

Once you have the Verizon SIM Card installed in the Winegard, you need to connect to it with a laptop or phone and it's WiFi. The first time you connect to it, you should use it to connect to your home WiFi first so you can go to the Software Update page and check for new updates. Some of the older Winegard units needed to update the firmware and the modem software to connect to Verizon.

Then after you have checked to make sure your software is up to date you need to got to go to the Change Provider page and enter the following:

Cellular Provider: VERIZON
Cellular APN: vzwinternet

You should also use the Scan for Networks option to make sure the unit is seeing a Verizon tower and the signal is above 50%.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum