Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2020, 01:34 PM   #27
Wiley1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite 23H
State: Virginia
THOR #19277
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
check with youtube. You can replace the analog T-stat with a digital one from HD or Lowes for $25.00. I have done it twice. First in a 2002 the wheel than in a 2011 trailer. Youtube is your friend.
Yes, YouTube is my friend. But, what you're describing just won't work in my little Class-C. Why? Because everything sold at Lowes and HD runs on 24vac and everything in my MH runs on 12vdc.

I've seen jerry-rigged devices that claim to convert from one voltage to the other but, in the end, I decided to go with a little 12v Coleman digital thermostat that does everything in one unit including BlueTooth. Simple with big numbers, compatible with my tired eyes.

I've had the thermostat in my hands for 4 weeks but the AC unit cover and control box have been on back-order for over a month. Apparently, some creep went around and bought every Coleman part available from every warehouse in the USA. Nobody can get anything until Coleman starts cranking them out again and they are apparently still trying to figure out how to work while wearing facemasks.

And, while I'm on my soapbox, I'd like to take another swipe at Thor. When they installed the original cheap-ass analog thermostat with the antique bi-metal strip, they saved one or two dollars by using a 2-wire cable instead of a standard 5 or 6-wire thermostat cable. Now I get the fun of pulling that one out and replacing it with the cable they should have used in the first place.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum