Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2020, 01:37 PM   #40
Pete'sMH

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo56 View Post
I’d be interested in hearing how your first year of Newmar ownership was. My independent RV repair shop says he has seen fewer problems with them.

It’s had its share of issues although most are not Newmar’s fault. All three batteries failed shortly after we purchased it - I believe because it was on the dealers lot for many months and the batteries were neglected. The Norcold fridge died utterly on our first trip. Replaced by Norcold. The water heater wouldn’t light on gas and I replaced the control board myself which fixed it. The entry steps got stuck which I fixed. The biggest issue - which IS on Newmar is that the upholstery is starting to crack and flake after 9 months and only 6,000 (COVID limited!) miles. It’s still under warranty so we’ll see what Newmar does. Notwithstanding, I love my coach. It seems to be well made and is just beautiful. It also was cheaper than anything we looked at of similar size.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum