Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2020, 01:59 PM   #10
Beau388

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenk17 View Post
The first thing I did was call Lippert. This isn't the first time my Thor RV has let me down. I have already done everything they told me to try with no success. I was just checking to see if anyone else had a similar experience with their slide out motors.
My bedroom slide developed a code 9 after three years of use. It still worked in emergency override. After putting up with that for several months, I dissembled the slide surround. Many screws and pin nails later, I exposed the back wall wiring chase. The problem was immediately evident. The cover of the wiring harness had worn through. There was short coil of wire between the harness clamp and the wall chase which had moved and was rubbing on the bottom slide track. I stripped the cover off the harness for about 6 inches to expose the wires. Four of the nine strands were worn away. I soldered in a jumper and covered it with heat shrink tubing. I used self-vulcanizing tape to cover the wires and used an Adel clamp to hold the repair away from the track. I reinstall the bed surround using hot glue and the screws. Now the DW is able to move the slide by herself, again.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum