Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2020, 12:40 PM   #6
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Assuming you are diligent with tire inflation I can almost guarantee your issue is weight related.

I had an Outlaw 29H and once the coach was loaded for a typical trip it was about the limit of the tires. If I loaded my Spyder in the garage, I was 1000lbs over.

The problem withe the Class C chassis is they use LT tires, which are not meant for full time heavy loads and they do not have a high enough weight rating. You should replace them with a Commercial Rated Tire designed to carry heavy loads 100% of the time. Almost every LT truck tire on the market is going to have a weight rating where you are at its maximum with a Class C over 25 feet.

The challenge is there are not many Commercial Rated ties in the 16" size. It is very easy to find them in sizes of 17.5" and larger. There was a company called Rickson Truck Wheels that made custom Class C 17.5" wheels but they went out of business. I was trying to get them but they could not give me a delivery date for 6 months... and then they closed.

I traded in the Outlaw for a Super C last year but if I had kept it I was going to install these tires:

https://www.goodyear.com/en-US/tires...tude-ht-c-type

These tires will handle loads over 18,000lbs and they are designed for applications that have to endure heavy loads full time i.e. delivery trucks, etc., which is very important.

Continental also makes a C-Type 16" tire and there have been posts about some success with the Nexen C-Type tires as well. You are making a mistake and wasting money by installing another LT-type tire.

If you really want to protect your investment after you buy these tires, install the Crossfire Dually Tire Equalization system. It will ensure the both tires are at the same pressure and under the loads and forces. It is next to impossible to keep both tires at the same temps and pressures on long trips and that causes uneven tire wear, which leads to tire failure. The Crossfire system will ensure both tires carry equal pressure all the time so all of the tread is hitting the pavement on both tires. See my thread here for more info....

https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f2...ade-23467.html

The Class C chassis is pushed to its limits (tires, suspension, etc.) on any coach 25' or longer. The tires on those coaches are the weakest link followed by the suspension.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum