Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2020, 11:56 AM   #36
knucklehead

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29m
State: North Carolina
THOR #9553
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeDS View Post
Been looking at new units and am really liking the ACE 33.1 but also ran across the Hurricane 32T which also seems like a very nice unit and a little bit shorter than the ACE 33.1 but has the theater seats and a Fireplace too .

So many reviews say stay away from the Hurricane line that it is one of Thors most problematic models.

Any truth to that or is it one of those past stories that keeps roiling along? Any comments from any Hurricane users?

Also how about you A.C.E. owners? We really do like those models. Seems like a lot of "bang for the buck".

Appreciate any input. Were not in a hurry. Just looking for input. I really rather wait for a 2021 model with the new warranty and the new Ford V8 anyway.

Thanks in advance
We have had 2 Thor coaches. A 2017 Axis 25.2 and a Windsport 29m. I didn't realize how small the Axis was til we owned it for 8 months. Told the wife I love RV-ing and want something bigger. She agreed, so the hunt began. Wanted a Fleetwood Flair but the shower was the size of a gym locker. Then a Coachman Pursuit, but no room to get around in the bedroom and the drivers seat had no leg room---I'm 6'6". Then it came down to the ACE or the Windsport. I loved the floorplans equally, especially the dinette seats that wrap around at the wall, both had plus's and negatives but what ended it for the ACE was the small windshield and sitting high in the seat made it so I had to crane my neck just to drive it. I LOVE THE WINDSPORT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have done too many mods to list but everyone has given you good advice. Only you can decide. Just don't get hooked on anyone saying one is better or will give you better service than another. ALL RV'S, even from the factory will have issues, problems, loose plumbing connections, broken stuff, rattles to track down, adjustments to be made and frankly things you just want to change or improve. I'm the king of the latter. Thor and Camping World in Statesville, NC has been awesome in taking care of us when ANYTHING has been needed, even after the warranty expired, CS has gone above and beyond seeing that our coach is always rolling down the road. I'd recommend the Windsport or the Hurricane, they are cousins, over the ACE but I just like the large ($3000) LOL windshield better. Good luck in your search, it is worth the time!!!!!! Bob & Wendy Trice

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum