Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2020, 01:08 AM   #73
WalterKK

Brand: Still Looking
State: California
THOR #20941
Quote:
Originally Posted by bry899 View Post
Don't see much of an advantage with the crosstek, except better MPG, and the storage area.
comparing my Fourwinds 22E (also 24' long)

GVWR:Crosstek is 10360 lb.; Fourwinds 22E is 12,500
GCWR: crosstek is 12125 lb; Fourwinds 22E is 18,500
Fuel Capacity:crosstek is 25 gal; ; Fourwinds 22E is 55 gal
Exterior Length: crosstek is 24'; Fourwinds 22E is 24'
Exterior Height:crosstek is 10' 6"; Fourwinds 22E is 11'
Exterior Width: crosstek is 91" ; Fourwinds 22E is 99"
Fresh Water: crosstek is 30 gal; Fourwinds 22E is 40 gal
Gray Water: crosstek is 27 gal; Fourwinds 22E is 37 gal
Black Water:crosstek is 28 gal; Fourwinds 22E is 24.5 gal
I weigh in at 10,900 fully loaded My dry weight is @ 9500 pounds

The extra storage crosstek has is nice, but I'll keep what I have and use the rear hitch for extra cargo and bikes.
By the way the dash air has no problem keeping a 24' class c cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
Welcome to the Forum!
Sooo... Are you buying one?
Thanks buddy slap it high.

I really like the barrel chair and 76" wide dinete in the Thor Freedom Elite 23H but where would I put my sewer hose + accessories and black tank flush hose? Will it all the fit in the back bumper?

Oh, I forgot a con of the Cross Trek 22XG: No ducted A/C and the non-ducted A/C is only 11,000 BTU but maybe it's for energy efficiency.

BTW, why doesn't the Thor Chateau 22E have ducted A/C? The Winnebago 22R does and it has a Ford E-450 chassis option why doesn't the Thor have that option? Mind you the Winnebago 22R doesn't even have a sink cover or recessed glass cooktop cover so zero prep space...you get a sink cover AND a trash can with Thor. For a while I had a romance with Winnebago (and Taylor Swift) but is it really wise to want something just because of the badge? I think not especially if that thing I thought I wanted is priveledge, spilt, obnoxious and boastful?

I like the 96" wall-to-wall bed in the Thor Chateau 25V. Kudos to a Unique RV.

I also like the painted cabinets and white counter-tops in the Thor Quantum LC22 but why no stainless steel microwave to match the fabulous decor?

I don't like the vent fans all over the place it's like an ugly hole in the ceiling with extra condensation.

And I don't like a big black rectangle hanging in the dinette; I would much rather have a nice large dinette window than a small one with a black rectangle. They say nobody is forcing me to to watch it but they are because even if it's off it's still on if it's there in front of me. Are people really going camping to watch 4 televisions?

And what's all this about Azdel? Isn't that just another word for glue? Can't something that is laminated de-laminate no matter what glue you use? I know that solid surfaces don't de-laminate because they weren't laminated in the first place.

Is Rotocast another word for plastic? Why is there a 200 lb weight limit on the plastic exterior space of the Chateau 22E?

What else is on my mind?

a) Two sinks with no prep space or b) 1 sink with prep space?

B please.

Can you actually fit anything into those dual sink setups?

Dual sinks remind me of the truck industry with their 12" touchcreens and powered tailgates. They lure you in and say "Oooooh look at how big this touch screen is....it's MUCH bigger than your friends touch screen! oooooh!. Cool, a large screen TV in the front of my pickup but does it tow?? DO I need to be a NASA astrnaut to drive it? Why is it beeping at me?

And the powered tailgates...which do you prefer? To reach into your pocket and fiddle with buttons or just walk up and open the tailgate with your hand. I guess they need to sell gimmicks to lure you in.

Are they going to make it so to use your RV you need to own an Iphone?

Why are they replacing gas cooktops with induction? They say it's for health and safety but is it because it's cheaper for them to install? You can fit two gas burners in the same space as 1 induction ring and what about all the people working in the gas industry who can become unemployed because of the health and safety lie to chase profits? Do chefs use gas or induction? Would you rather cook a steak on gas or electric? And don't forget induction is a propriety system which means you need special pans to use it. What if you lose those pans? How do you cook then?

They're saying a naked flame is dangerous in an RV...well so it driving an RV if you're stupid... so is climbing a mountain if you're stupid. Should we ban driving an RV and climbing up moutains because it's dangerous for stupid people to do? Inducton requires special pans and stupid people lose things; they're saying they're putting the induction in to stop stupid people from hurting themselves...what if the stupid people lose their pans? How do they cook?

They're replacing gas ovens with wooden drawers. They say the customer wants it but its is cheaper for them so is it because they want it? It's becoming an option.

And PLEASE don't get me started on cameras in t he mirror. The mirrior is the camera! They've created a mirrior within a mirror and now they're looking right instead of left to turn left.

These new behicles are computerized back seat drivers which tel you whene to speed up and when to slow down, when to change lanes but aren't we the captain's not them? If you crash and blame the computerized back street driver what will the judge say?

Will the cmputerized back seat driver even be in court with you?

Anyone else tired of hearing aout solo females living vanlife? Solo females out at sea...solo females riding a motorcycle? What's next? Solo females cuttting their toenails? Solo females eating an apple?

We've had the all female space walk but where are the all female McDonalds? Where are thee all female built bridges? Where are the all female built roads? Where are the all female built tunnels? Where are the all female built telecommunication towers? Can anybody show me?

I went to truck camper magazine and read this:

I wanted to read about truck campers so I went to truck camper maagzine but instead of reading about trucks I ended up reading feminist propaganda (https://www.truckcamperadventure.com...-in-a-bigfoot/) from either a fantasist or fictional character who says she doesn't rely on men even though she's driving down a man-made road in her man-made truck using man-made internet.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum