Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2020, 03:08 PM   #1
DavidEM

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Connecticut
THOR #20289
Oddball uses of a motorhome this winter and beyond

Bob Denman's interesting thread about camping in his driveway while his bathroom was remodeled got me thinking about other unusual things to do with my MH during this winter and beyond, with Covid restrictions in mind.

One that comes to mind is skiing. We live about two hours from the modest ski slopes of Butternut and Catamont in the Berkshires of SW Massachussetts. We drive up there in the morning after a good snowfall overnight, I ski for a 3-4 hours (for $20!!!!), we have lunch and drive home. My wife stays in the lodge and reads while I ski.

Well that isn't going to happen this winter even with mandated social distancing. So why not drive the MH up to the ski resort, park the MH, start the furnace and my wife can hang out there while I go skiing. Then afterwards we can pick something up, drive to a nice overlook, eat a late lunch and drive home.

We also often go for 2-3 days to a bigger ski resort- Killington, Stowe, etc. I am a bit leery of hotels but not so much. But we are not going to eat inside anywhere this winter. So how about bringing the MH, park overnight in the ski resort's parking lot and pick up dinner and eat in the MH. I believe that most ski resorts are fine with overnight MH camping, but I will check.

A couple of ideas for next summer: camp at Lime Rock and watch a sports car race and do the same for an outdoor concert at Tanglewood. I am aware of the raucous evening activities at the Lime Rock campground, but am open minded enough to deal with it ;-).

Anyone else have ideas for this winter and beyond?

David

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum