Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2020, 08:23 PM   #31
Jimbo56

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Traveller A27
State: North Carolina
THOR #17765
Quote:
Originally Posted by mburns884 View Post
Many thanks for all the input. My worry with the dampening vents would be that they would restrict the air flow too much in total. Doesn't sound like that has been a problem, so I'm going to order two of those for the bedroom vents and start there.

BTW, the temp difference between back and front is 15-20 degrees. and that is with the pocket door OPEN. We often sleep with that door closed and we travel with two kids and a 140 pound English Mastiff. The dog is supposed to sleep on the converted dining table/bed, but if given the chance, his favorite spot is the bed with the adults! He does not fit, to say the least.

If I do move the vent I think I would be OK on return air. My reasoning being that I may be losing space on the grill (where the new output will be located), but I will leave a cover on an open hole in the bedroom, which will allow inbound airflow.

For the record both vents in the bedroom are outbound ducts. Not return air. There is a huge air flow out of both. If one was meant to be return air, it was installed incorrectly.
Is it possible to reroute one of the bedroom ducts to a different location? Not the return. With a longer duct?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum