Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2020, 11:26 PM   #6
1948Cartwright@gmail.com

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Georgia
THOR #21230
Simply a big THANKYOU

This is my first RV, at least the landed kind. I owned a sailboat and learned to cruise long distances with fixed resources, so working with the "limited" water supply and limited Propane will not be new territory for me.

Well, after my extensive search and discovery mission, I finally took the advice that the GCFI reset was in the bathroom - and low and behold, there it was, under the cabinet above the toilet - out of sight for those who are over 6' tall. I sat on the Thrown and looked up and there it was, complete with a red LED indicator. I pushed the reset and power was restored.

Now for the battery upgrade. Shocker on the sticker price for those things. I can buy a TESLA Power Wall for the cost of 5 of those babies (and power my RV system for a month on it). I will stick with the lead acid variety for now.

There is room for two batteries under the steps, so all I need is a set of connector cables for the battery posts - wiring them in parallel (don't think the systems can digest 24 volts when the batteries are in series).

On another issue - the door that covers the outside TV is not centered and leaves a gap on the top side that allows water to intrude - I think I can fix it - a rubber mallet applied to the upper hinge after I remove the two retaining screws at each end and slide the door out. I might run a brazing rod into the channel before I apply that universal fix to keep the channel open. Now to find a welding rod with the right diameter and length.

If I discover any other mysteries, I will be sure to post and let everyone know if I find a unique fix for things.

Thank you all again -

Chad Cartwright

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum