Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2020, 02:32 AM   #3
HarryS

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Damon Daybreak
State: New Mexico
THOR #19133
Something else I just noticed. The large red wire apparently going to the right solenoid, should not be going there. It looks like it should be going to the copper plate attached to the right side of the solenoid. The only wires that should go to the two terminals on the front of the solenoids are small signal wires, one 12vdc and one ground. When you took stuff apart to replace the solenoids, did you take pictures before?

edit; in fact, I don't believe that larger red wire should be attached to both solenoids at all. That would tie both together all the time.
On the attached photo, #1 are the input wires (why 2?) from the circuit breaker(#4), #2 is the red wire attaching from the input side of the solenoid going over to the control tap for the other solenoid. #3 is where the input for the second solenoid should be, but I don't see anything attached. #5 are two DC breakers, but I can't see what is connected to them. According to what I can see, there isn't an input wire to the right hand solenoid, and it shouldn't be coming from the left hand solenoid in any case. It should come from one of the breakers marked #5, and the other side of the breaker should be coming from the battery bank, either house or chassis, as I can't tell from the picture which is which.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20201128_111258902_LI (4).jpg
Views:	69
Size:	852.0 KB
ID:	27397  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum