Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Thor finish
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2020, 09:58 PM   #11
Pete'sMH

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfbum18 View Post
Thor paint sucks....we wax 2x yearly and use a wash/wax monthly...still doesnt look good to me. My suggestion.forget the frickin decal swooshes and put on a clearcoat. If they would lose the hasbeen decal patterns and go wih a 2 or 3 color scheme, and then clearcut...you could end this crap. I have friends with clearcoat and havent waxed for 10 years. And dont tell me its that expensive...another 2 thou would do it....worth it. Realize how much auser puts into a bus in 5 years to keep it shiney... Thor....missed the boat again

Don’t t blame Thor especially. They’ll be the first to tell you that most of their products are entry to mid level. Like every manufacturer they use unpainted fiberglass because it’s sturdy, shiny and cheap. When you are able to buy a whole complex house for the price of a nice pickup truck you have to know that there will be quite a few cost related concessions. I have to admit though that they could use a better quality of decal! I learned my lesson after a while and put full body paint on my “must have” list.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum