Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2020, 07:22 PM   #24
Kona Tom

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #12313
Quote:
Originally Posted by lwmcguire View Post
Cavie just said what I was going to

Get one with clips for the leads as well to help make some of the testing easier

What your up aground has-been 10-15 minutes or so with a VOM meter

Thanks for the cautionary response. I understand electricity enough not to get shocked. [emoji23]. I think positive and negative clips would be helpful as well as a better multimeter. If you’re familiar with the “relay switch” and element box and it’s location it’s almost impossible to actually use the multimeter. That is without taking the heater completely out. Holding the negative and positive prongs and reaching awkwardly under the sink is difficult. I’m trying to get the reading from the back side under the sink. When I finally opened the black box, two wires were fried. Assuming from earlier threads, the plastic nut was loose. I’m thinking that burned out the “relay switch”. The reason I asked the specific question was I am wondering if the 110 control panel switch could be bad as well. I took the panel off and tested for continuity. But I was unsure how to specifically test the “relay switch”. The early response indicated that one could see movement. My relay switch is completely enclosed with four separate connections. I’ve ordered a new relay switch and panel switch. Relatively inexpensive. I’ll replace those items and hope for the best. I’ll keep you posted. Oh I took a quick tutorial on the multimeter. Amps, volts, ohms - oh my! Hey our county is on lock down. I have plenty of time and no where to go.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum