Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2020, 04:56 AM   #46
RVwife

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.3
State: Michigan
THOR #20290
Welcome to the party.

We have a 2018 Axis 25.4. JamieGeek's comments are spot on. Do read that manual. We printed it out and keep it in a binder in our rig. It has saved our hide several times.

We've had a bit of a love-hate relationship with our Axis. Most of our frustrations have come from the apparently inevitable construction quality issues that seem to go with owning any RV. We didn't realize they would be so common. Due to life happenings and covid we haven't been out as much as we had planned when we bought it, so seem to get small doses of new problems.

We've tried to embrace our trips and the RV's foibles with the attitude that whatever goes wrong is a learning and character building experience. Later we've been able to laugh about them all; our "adventures, misadventures, and comic near catastrophes".

Although my initial comments may seem like we're not that thrilled with the rig, actually we really do love it when things are going right, which truly is 95+% of the time.

There is plenty of cab space and ample leg room for our long legged comfort. We passed up many models because we just found the cab too cramped for us.

Love the view from the big windshield. After all seeing the sights is one of the big reasons we take these trips.

We love the layout. It is quite well thought out.

There is plenty of space for the 2 of us (and even 3 or 4 when our adult children have come along on a trip).

What sold me/us on this particular model is the generous (in comparison to most RV's this size) kitchen counter space. We both cook and have enough room to manage without being in each other's face.

Closet and cabinet space is ample for our needs. Really we could pare down some of the stuff we have stored and not miss it a bit. Probably will eventually do that as we figure out what is truly essential.

What we would change if we could:
1.) Wish there was a bit more basement space or the compartments were a bit bigger.
2.) We're still trying to decide if we want to give up the jack-knife sofa for a 2 person dinette bunK set-up. I'm not totally in love with sitting side by side on the sofa to eat. Yet, it is nice to have an easily accessible extra bed for 2 if we don't or can't put the slide out for some reason.
3.) Three TVs is nuts, a total useless waste, but that is us personally. We are brainstorming how to remove the outside one and use the space for an outdoor fold out counter/table and pegboard to hold grill tools since it is next to the propane feed for our grill.
4.) My husband says his legs get a bit fatigued after driving for a long time. He feels like the seat slopes down in a way that he doesn't really like. I have not found that a problem. but he tends to take issue with many car seats too. He's still trying to figure out the best seat cushion for his comfort.

So that's our 20 cents worth. Join the party and come along on the fun.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum