Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2021, 01:35 AM   #35
Beau388

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by quantum View Post
I have 2 100 amh Duracell ultra's. They charge up to 13.4 to 14 and then gen starts within an hour and the amperage is down to 12. I am starting to believe the batteries are worn after only 1 year old. this is with running just the led lights , and the propane heater blower. I played with turning on the fridge (residental) and it cooled down fine but the generator ran for almost an hour to recharge the 2 house batteries before shutting off. Then started again in an hour??

My first call tomorrow is the Batter store on the warrantee ??
You probably are not fully charging the batteries you have. During the bulk charge stage the charger will read less than 14.2 volts. When your charger switches to absorptive stage, the battery voltage will be stable at 14.2 volts until the batteries are fully charged. With a 50 amp charger and a couple batteries needing 100 amps of charge this usually takes 4 to 6 hours to fully charge the batteries. After fully charging the batteries will have a surface charge of 13 volts or so The only real way to test the batteries is with a hydrometer or a battery load tester.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum