Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2021, 04:27 PM   #24
Beau388

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by quantum View Post
Hi Beau,

Your always there and thanks to all the others.

Makes sense as the digital TV's have made the others obsolete. TV's are cheap and I think the ones with ROKU add another level. Samsung outdoes them all in my opinion. But I do have the firesticks and the ROKU hooked up so as ong as I get a good internet signel ?? things should be OK

Thanks to all. I do have the wireless IOGEAR and the main TV has the similar attachment you showed. BUT I do not know how to sue that correctly??

Thanks Ed
External TV tuner work two ways. Some of us are old enough to remember when TV sets had a tuner than could receive 12 VHF analog channels (2-13). I won't explain what happened to channel 1. That was VHF TV, then along came UHF analog TV channels. To receive the new channels, it took an external tuner which was a small box that was inserted in the antenna leads to the TV. Remember antenna wire was 300 ohm twin lead and not RG-6 coax (or R-59 coax). You put the TV's tuner on channel 3 or 4 (your choice) and use the external box's to tune the channels. External Qam tuners work the same way, but now days the come with their own remote to control the TV as well as the external tuner. The more expensive ones also allow an external disk drive to record over the air programs.
The newer Qam tuners plug into the TV's USB port and use RG-6 coax from the cable provider to provide the signal. Set the TV input to USB and use the remote that came with the Qam tuner or use your phone if the Qam tuner is so equipped.

Now back to your regular scheduled....
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum