Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2021, 03:59 PM   #17
Sugarshore

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #10707
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportcoupe View Post
I currently have a Ford Transit class B. Want a bit more room for annual father-daughter trips. Looking for something under 26 feet. Because of trips I want twin beds, not a queen. Rather not convert a sofa every night also. Also, no slide outs required to sleep in the 24.1.

An alternate selection I considered is Winnebago 22R. It is wider though then the 24.1 and has the bunk-over overhang. I like the huge window of the 24.1.
After 3 years we sold a beautiful class C; always thought that Class A units were huge and expensive — until I drove the 2018 Axis 24.1 and experienced the greater visibility while driving. For me, shower and bathroom sink size are negatives; also, interior colors and microwave placement. Others can weigh in on battery placement and other more important and technical stuff. Regarding floor plan, the list of things I love for just 2 of us is long:

Integrated steps
Legless awning
Basement storage capacity
Lots of generous inside overhead storage
Storage doors that clamp up
3 TVs including outside
38” wide beds always accessible
Rear window and lots of windows
Only one slide
Huge rear storage bay with easy access from 3 sides
No steps within living area
Gasoline — not the initial expense of Diesel
Not too digital in the 2018
Drop down bed can be lowered to serve as a place to stow stuff when parked

Always shopping, I don’t find anything I like better. Many that I do like don’t have a rear window.

Choose something and go have fun!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum