Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2021, 04:44 PM   #15
atreis

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 26B
State: Ohio
THOR #20900
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHS View Post
I noticed on the Bigfoot web site they offer a (Quad) system. Each leveler has it's own pump (total 4 pumps) instead of one for all.
Curious if anyone has this system or any knowledge of it.
Good or bad.
I wasn't able to find anyone with actual experience with both, or anyone with experience at all with the four pump version... Here's what I ended up coming up with:

Pros:
- No hydraulic hoses running from a central pump to the jacks. Just wires.
- Don't need to figure out where to mount the central pump.
- Lowering/raising all at once is faster. (Per BigFoot)
- Theoretically simpler repair/replacement. (One could unhook the wires, remove the whole jack assembly, and take it somewhere for repair.)

Cons:
- Jacks end up mounted a little lower to make room for the pumps and valves. (Per BigFoot)
- Have to check fluid in 4 places instead of 1.
- More individual parts to break.
- Costs more.

In my head this roughly came to a wash, so my pocket book won the day and I went with the single-pump version.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum