Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2016, 12:11 PM   #49
EA37TS
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
I do not believe anyone was trying to give 30 AMP a bad rap but rather trying to help someone determine a setup that may work for them and their coach. My prior Class C was 30 amp and like gmc the only time I had a problem was when I turned on the space heater in the morning and then turned on the coffee pot. We also had the problem with the space heater and the microwave.

And to be perfectly honest, I tripped a breaker in the Challenger running 50 amp the same way. I had the space heater on and then turned on the coffee pot. We corrected the situation here by moving the space heater five feet and plugging into an outlet on a different circuit. I couldn't do that on my class C.

Back to the issue of using the pedestal 20 amp for the outdoor kitchen, when I started doing this with the Class C it was because Forest River did not install any exterior sidewall outlets on that coach. I had one outlet in the exterior kitchen tied to one 15 amp breaker. I also had very limited counter space around the sink so multiple appliances in that location was a non starter. Although the situation and setup are different with the Challenger, old habits are hard to break and using the 20 amp off the pedestal still works well. Besides a cord running on the ground and covered by a patio mat looks a lot better than one hanging off the side of the coach and DW likes it when the exterior setup looks "inviting".

Note to self, determine if the exterior and outdoor kitchen outlets are on the same or separate circuits. Might be nice to know in the future.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum