Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2021, 01:45 AM   #9
Bill in Redlands

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.2
State: California
THOR #18202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldy View Post
I noticed the Christmas tree rivets are in the way, keeping the double sided tape from fitting flush to the wall.
How did you handle that?
Ken, I don't recall them being in the way on my installation. On my installation the rivets are on the shower walls. The "jam" is a hollow molded section of the shower wall that sits against MH wall and is smooth. I placed the door as far inboard as I could and keep it on the "jam". At that location, the screen drains directly into the bottom of the shower and not on the ridge at the base of the door.

For your issue, you may be able to add a layer of thicker double stick to the door frame to give it more flex around the rivets. I don't think it would make much difference in the rigidity which, at least for us, came mostly from the two cross pieces. I caulked the side pieces with a gray silicone and it looks great - no gap where the foam tape is.

What was more of a problem for me was the fact that the left jam (as you look at the picture) was on a non-rigid wall (mine has a sliding door within it).
It kept trying to flex away from the jam and I had difficulty keeping it lined up while attaching the foam tape. It might have been easier with another pair of hands.

Still, it was not that bad a job and it came out good.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum