Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2021, 10:07 PM   #21
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
I am curious to know what the OP decided? Or what did the Tech he got recommend?

If it were me...

Step 1 - Upgrade to the largest battery capacity possible for the Vegas 25.6

In my case I went with 2 12v @125ah each for total of 250ah. I could have put 2 6v batteries but they were 225ah each for total of 225ah. 3 or 4 batteries is not an option for me without taking up some space someplace else.

Step 2 - If you have 400ah then go for 2000 watt inverter otherwise a 1000 watt inverter should be adequate unless you insist on using a microwave when boondocking? I don't drink or get the coffee stuff? My wife drinks coffee at home but never when we travel. I don't touch the stuff in favor of brewed natural barley and water

Step 3 - Buy ATS and remote switch for whatever Inverter you choose. We have Magnum 1000watts

Step 4 - This should be up to your Tech guy, but our coach was prewired for Inverter circuit

- MBR has 3 receptacle on inverter one on each side of bed and in BR TV cabinet.
- Front Passenger computer station 1 outlet
- Overhead Entertainment center 1 outlet
- Main TV 40" 1 outlet ( I put extension cord on it, as it is hidden in cabinet)
- Outside Kitchen 1 outlet
- Outside TV 40" 1 outlet
- Inverter itself (lower bay)
- In slide behind stove 1 outlet used for HDMI extender to rear bedroom TV

and I just added a new line that runs from my MBR receptacle (hardwired behind TV receptacle) to the Vent area behind my Norcold fridge.

So in summary all I needed that was NOT factory was supplied inverter circuit for absorption fridge. I only want that for driving.

I don't think I would want all my circuits on that line? It would be too much to turn on or off to remember. I like the remote switch to shut off inverter when we need to. Thus far we have never come close to use the 1000 watts or 800 watts for that matter. I can run both fridges for under 500 watts.

When I get new batteries installed, I hope to get rid of the corrosion crud, water maintenance, redundant automotive battery posts (run risk of touching something and shorting or blowing fuses). I hope to gain a full day or 2 to run what we use off batteries.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum