Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2021, 11:45 AM   #3
RVwife

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.3
State: Michigan
THOR #20290
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
Is it possible you are hearing the converter fan or if installed an inverter fan kicking on and off?
The battery level indicator is located in the bathroom, as is the H2O heater control, so it's possible I guess. The sound doesn't happen regularly or often.

Where might that fan be located?

We do have a solar panel, but I'm not sure exactly how the wiring runs. The rig was wired "solar ready" when we bought it so we just had the dealer install a solar panel right away since we planned to do some remote/dry camping. Honestly, I'm still trying to sort out all the converter/inverter stuff; a bit Greek to me. (Even our son who is now an engineer says electrical was the one part of his schooling that he hated. So he's not much help either.)

The sound is coming from right in the vicinity of the H2O heater control panel. It also just doesn't seem right that the heater does not turn off when DH pushes the power button on that control panel.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum