Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2021, 06:05 AM   #10
Tinman2111

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37TB
State: Utah
THOR #18374
First off, sorry you are experiencing the isues, I know it is frustrating for you. You asked what would others do, so I'll offer my suggestion. First, learn and understand the warranty provided by Entegra. It is an expressed warranty so I'm pretty certain you were provided details on Entegra's remedy to any warranty issues. Then I'd send a letter to Entregra, return receipt, and detail my warranty claim along with photos. I'd explain exactly how the failed or defective part is "substantial in nature" and that it prevents you from using the RV as intended. (This is obviously not the issue with the floor, but instead whatever is wrong that prevents its use). I'd include in the letter a written demand to repair or replace the defective part(s) by them or their agent as required by their expressed warranty. They must be given notice of the defect and a reasonable amount of time to make the repair, so yes, you will need to be somewhat patient. I'd also follow up by telephone after I knew they received my written notice/demand and discuss exactly what you expect and what Entegra will do to remedy. Who knows, maybe they will pick up your RV and drive it back to Indiana to be repaired if a local facility cannot repair it in a reasonable amount of time. By all means, be firm, but also be professional and polite. If this all failed, I'd seek some type of civil remedy.

Your "issues" are not with General RV, but instead with Entegra. I wouldn't trust General to 100% honestly and accurately convey what they "submitted" to Entrega and exactly what Entegra's response was. I'd want to see Entegra's response in writing.

As almost everyone that owns an RV from every last manufacturer will tell you, #$%$ happens and things fail or break. It's okay, it can all be fixed. I personally love and enjoy using our RV, regardless of what I have had to fix or improve. You bought a beautiful new RV, so just work through the glitches as smoothly and quickly as you can, then get out and enjoy the thing!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum