Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2021, 10:21 PM   #1
OC_Mike

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: California
THOR #19822
Just completed the 1st leg of our summer road trip

Hello, this is my first post.
We purchased our 1st RV last summer, a 2016 Hurricane 31S. It checked most of the boxes of what we were looking for and was a clean unit with just 12,000 miles on it when we bought it.
It was always our dream to travel the US when we retired, however my wife was diagnosed with Stage 4 metastatic melanoma in March, 2020. That diagnosis accelerated our plans which led to the Hurricane purchase. Her initial treatment was pretty severe and left her very ill for several months. While caring for her, I started mapping out a trip for this summer with the hope she would be feeling better at that time. She is feeling better now but still has a quite a fight on her hands, not to use this as a platform to preach to everyone but I will say that its very important to get your skin checked regularly!
On with the post, we left on May 21st on the first of 3 travel legs we have planned for this summer's adventures. This included Yosemite, CA wine country, the Redwoods, up through Crater Lake and to Portland where we put the Hurricane in storage. Overall, we were very happy with the Hurricane, I was pleasantly surprised with the V-10 as we traversed the Grapevine and other hills without too much of a struggle. One of the stops we stayed at was a nice campground on the Klamath River in Northern CA. I have attached a few pics. I will plan on posting more updates when we start off on our 2nd leg with stops in Coeur D' Laine, Glacier NP, Yellowstone NP and Jackson Hole in July. Cheers.

https://hosting.photobucket.com/imag...=278&crop=fill

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum