Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2021, 12:12 AM   #9
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miramar Owner View Post
I have dealt with various odors throughout my years and generally found two items that always solved the problem.

First was replacing the sewer vent cover on the roof with the 360 Siphon:

360 Siphon® Roof Vent Cap - White (Gen 2) - Lippert.webloc

That helped lift the odors out of the sewer tank, preventing it from drifting back down inside the walls along side the stack pipe.

Secondly, I removed the Air Admittance Valve, throughly cleaned it and reinstalled it with teflon tape on the threads. They are often installed with no thread sealant and loose enough that they seep smells around them.

There are other possibilities, but these two are the answers to 95% of the odor issues.
That 360 Siphon got my attention. I didn't catch why the 360 pull air out and the regular pulls air in?

I recall once I took a water hose on the roof to fill black and gray tanks. I was just trying to ensure the vent pipes were not clogged. But when I stopped the water flow on the nozzle it would push a spray of water and strong odor back out as if it was a Volcano? Both vent pipes did this? So I assumed the flow of air is already out, so this 360 Siphon has me really curious.

if it were not for having to cut the existing pipe, I would try one myself but this seems like a mod that I would let a dealer do?

On air admittance valve? Is that Gray tank only? I have seen something under the sink, but never new what it was?
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum