Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: awning damaged
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2021, 02:08 PM   #33
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokeybait1 View Post
we must have hit it climbing back into the coach. generator was on for the AC. Didn't hear anything .
Got into the driver seat, started engine and drove off. No warning indicators to tell me anything was wrong. Saw nothing in mirrors until I hit the sign and it dropped down.
I was all behind you 100% until you went and blamed it on the generator. Don't Onan get enough grief Do you have a pet or something that could have hit it by mistake? IMO the real issue is the instant button/switch that extends all the way out. Whats the benefit? How many times would one have to extend and retract for that 20sec cycle to pay for itself? Just another failure point on the complexities of a RV if you ask me.

My suggestions

1. See if you can find a flip switch cover so it cannot be hit accidentally
2. Add to your routine to look for awning before every trip. I have about 5 things I check before putting in gear. The Awning is not one. As I said, it is impossible for me to not see my awning when extended and impossible for me to have your scenario because some one would have to be holding the switch before I put key in and there is just no way for me not see.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum