Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2021, 11:25 AM   #2
chunker21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Omni XG32 GONE for good
State: Alabama
THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Nodine View Post
Looking for comments from anyone who has added 2 more Group 27 batteries to the factory installed 2 Group 27's under the steps.

The brochure for our coach states the under the steps battery tray can hold four Group 27 batteries. It comes from the factory with two Group 27 AGM's and I was considering adding two more AGM's bringing the total to four. Looking at the battery tray it would seem a difficult task adding two more batteries. There are a number of cables and two circuit breakers inside that tray. The only way for batteries to go in or out is thru the opening under the top step. I looked under the coach and there does not appear to be an opening large enough for a battery to go in or out. We are guessing that the two existing batteries would have to be pushed back in the tray to make room for two more at the front. Then the cables for the two additional batteries would have to be added. Just looking at the situation we do not get a positive feeling about this. We were wondering if anyone else had done this and how it went.
Do you have the height in the battery compartment for 6V? The Omni does and part of my purchase agreement was 2 additional 6V batteries installed. They are FLA so I periodically will have to check the water. For me it's rather easy but I did have to loosen and reposition the "flow" of the cables to to have access to the caps. If you add 2 more GP27s likely you will be using 2 more marine batteries not true deep cycles.

When my FLA batteries die, I'll replace them with 4 6V AGM. The 6V are tight in the compartment but they do fit easily.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
chunker21 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum