Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2021, 02:53 AM   #10
plastrd

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite 24HE (24F)
State: Michigan
THOR #17874
My theory on the AC fan is the roof of your coach where those ducts are routed is being baked by the hot sun. When the AC compressor isn't running you're basically operating a solar heater with the fan running so it'll actually heat your coach up faster than if you left it in auto and the fan stopped if/when it reached the set point.

My exception to this is when I'm visiting family and I can only get a 15 amp outlet. I set the fan on low speed constant to reduce the amp draw and avoid the extra in-rush current when the compressor starts having to also start the fan. The compressor runs more often because of the heating effect but I haven't tripped a breaker yet.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum