Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2021, 10:33 PM   #4
Gebills

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Synergy
State: Arizona
THOR #12461
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldWEB View Post
I have always been leery of the steps flexing, even the slight amount it does (cuz of my lithe body ) so what I do is put some wood blocks under the final step to take some of the pressure off when camped. Just have to remember to remove them first when packing up.

As a follow-up to this exit step problem, I remove the step Assembly and purchased some 2“ x 2“ buy 3/16” Angle iron and bolded supports to the original thin gauge metal (it’s either 14 gauge or 16 gauge sheet metal) that drops down to support and bolt to the steps. Reinstalled the steps, and problem solved. There is still the typical “spring” that the steps are notorious for, but immensely more stable than they were from the factory. I am happy with the modification; it works great. If we’re parked in one spot for a period of time, I also put an aluminum stand, a block or spacers under these steps to keep them from this notorious springing sensation as they’re being used.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum