Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2021, 03:17 AM   #6
Tjb

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Oregon
THOR #24492
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
I don't have a Firefly AGS Controller but may shed some light in hopes to point you in the right direction.

First, I do what you are trying to do all the time.

I have Onan 5500 and Cummins Onan EC-30 AGS Controller

On every trip when it is going to be over 80 degrees outside, I put the AGS in AUTO mode. If the rear of the coach ever gets hotter than 78 degrees my genset will start automatically; while I am driving or if I stop someplace with engine still running. My front cabin AC normally keeps me cool, but that is not the point, I just like to know my entire coach is cool if I wish to stop for restroom, eat etc. It will also cut off the genset when temperature has been maintained at 78 degrees. 10 minute min runtime

Here is what I think is happening...

My coach has built in Safety Interlocks, I hated it at first, but it makes good sense once you think about it. It is to avoid the unintentional situation where the AGS may be left on in AUTO mode. Depending upon where it is parked it could start in a Storage facility, garage etc. Each RV's interlocked can be wired differently. I wired mine to the ignition. Park Brake is another option that I have seen used. There are others, but I can't remember at the moment.

So let's say I walk out to my coach before Trip and put in AUTO mode. As soon as I start the RV it will disable itself. The reverse is also true. Let's say the Genset is running in AUTO mode and I pull up to a gas station. If I turn the ignition off, the AUTO mode will shut down.

Now in your case with Firefy....
Are you saying if the coach is running you cannot put AGS in AUTO mode? That would not make sense to me. But if you were to trigger your safety interlock, I can see where it will drop out of AUTO mode to Manual.

I am saying the coach is running, parking brake set, and if I enable ags on the firefly, it stays enabled for approximately one second and then disables. Makes no sense to me either. I would agree there is some condition that the firefly sees that is causing this, but alas, no idea what that is. Generator works fine on manual start or ags works fine if coach motor is not running.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum