Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2021, 03:56 PM   #11
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
According to the Onan reps at the FMCA convention AGS is the biggest killer of generators because the generator is not allowed to warm up long enough before AC and other loads are applied.
I was told the opposite by the Onan Support rep I talked to as he said the AGS was the biggest saver of the generator ( I can PM you his name if you wish)?

I just went out to my coach and confirmed the following.

My Coach is at 99 plus degrees inside with no AC on, I turned off the shore power by disconnecting breaker at Pedestal.

I put my EC-30 in AUTO mode and the below happened using a Stop watch...

After 10 secs - The AUTO Generator had started by itself fully running due to HVAC call of high temp.

After 1 minute (70 sec ) Power was supplied to Power Control System inside the coach (But not the heavy loads ACs, Fridge)

After 3 minutes (190 secs) The power was supplied to the both ACs which came on (the Fridge was off by it's on switch as RV was not in use).

I have no idea of which Onan Support Rep is correct, but I would think 3 minutes is more than enough? The benefit I was told of AGS EC-30 was related to the fact it helps the RV owner use the system more. Seems odd that a system specifically designed to start ACs due to high temperature in the coach would actually have inherent design flaw to damage the actual system?

I certainly don't disagree with anyone because they both could be right? Maybe the difference is the PCS (Power Control System - Energy Management system put in by Winnebago? If so; it would be yet another benefit I have learned that I have from this SOB that I did not even know I needed.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum