Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2021, 07:31 PM   #12
EA37TS
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
I was told the opposite by the Onan Support rep I talked to as he said the AGS was the biggest saver of the generator ( I can PM you his name if you wish)?

I just went out to my coach and confirmed the following.

My Coach is at 99 plus degrees inside with no AC on, I turned off the shore power by disconnecting breaker at Pedestal.

I put my EC-30 in AUTO mode and the below happened using a Stop watch...

After 10 secs - The AUTO Generator had started by itself fully running due to HVAC call of high temp.

After 1 minute (70 sec ) Power was supplied to Power Control System inside the coach (But not the heavy loads ACs, Fridge)

After 3 minutes (190 secs) The power was supplied to the both ACs which came on (the Fridge was off by it's on switch as RV was not in use).

I have no idea of which Onan Support Rep is correct, but I would think 3 minutes is more than enough? The benefit I was told of AGS EC-30 was related to the fact it helps the RV owner use the system more. Seems odd that a system specifically designed to start ACs due to high temperature in the coach would actually have inherent design flaw to damage the actual system?

I certainly don't disagree with anyone because they both could be right? Maybe the difference is the PCS (Power Control System - Energy Management system put in by Winnebago? If so; it would be yet another benefit I have learned that I have from this SOB that I did not even know I needed.
You can elect to believe whoever you want to believe. Myself, I’ll believe the Onan Factory Reps that were in Gillette.

As a note I have never used the AGS, have never needed the AGS and with the exception of a bad fuel pump a number of years ago, have not had any generator issues. My current Onan is just under 2 years old with over 300 hours of runtime.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum