Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2021, 02:35 AM   #11
16ACE27
Site Team

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooch View Post
I'm a novice at electricity. Had an electrician put in a 30amp outlet at the house. He didn't know and fed 240 volts to that outlet. I plugged in (and forgot to first plug in my EMS).
No power to RV. I then remembered to plug in my EMS which told me about the over limit voltage at 240v. I disconnected from that outlet but it was too late...damage was done.
The 15amp breaker on the RV panel that is for the Converter was tripped. I reset but still no power.
Checked all fuses in the RV panel...all good.
Checked the breaker near batteries...not tripped. I manually tripped and reset it anyways.
Still no power.
Did i just fry my converter when i plugged into 240 volts?
We had a thread start exactly like this a couple of years ago.
"An electrician" and "didn't know" don't go together. You pay them to be a professional and accomplish the job properly. As others have said, if he is an electrician he should be licensed and insured. His insurance should cover correcting the electrical wiring to make it right and to repair everything in your RV that was damaged due to his mistake. Check everything that is supposed to be powered by 120 VAC. This includes TVs, microwaves, anything that was left plugged in like computer equipment - everything! So many device now-a-days are really connected to power even if they are "turned off". Also verify the ATS works as required.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum