Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Cat. Conv.
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2021, 02:39 PM   #7
chunker21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Omni XG32 GONE for good
State: Alabama
THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
After mine was stolen I purchased a deterrent product but a LEO friend suggested I NOT use it. He reports that annoyed BGs (already armed with a saw) under your vehicle are apt to vent their frustration by cutting wiring harnesses, fuel lines, brake lines or even the frame. He recommended parking in an area that is more secure than some others and then just letting the thief take what she’s after. That’s why we all have insurance. At least think about it….
Yeah understand that thought but in many cases the scum bags are looking for quick in and out and seeing a deterrent are likely to go to an easier target down the line. If someone's looking to vandalize they will whether or not they are there to steal something too. I lock compartments when I'm away too. If someone was determined and had the time they would destroy the door to get in. But it protects against the more casual theft and someone who's wanting to be quick and quiet about it.

I hope that the meth head trying to steal a cat doesn't think the diesel DPF is a cat.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
chunker21 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum