Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2021, 02:51 AM   #4
HMCSW

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Aria 3401
State: Washington
THOR #22245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac00 View Post
last Monday we picked up our new Magnitude XG 32 from General RV in Canton Oh.

We have been researching for a year, before settling on the XG32. We test drove one back in January and really liked it, but we were just not in a position to buy.

So we went to the Hershey RV show, we talked to other dealers like Nexus, Renegade, ect. and when we told them what general was selling the XG32 for, they were all a little surprised. We bought a new rig, for less than what many used XG32's are going for on RV Trader.

we did the PDI on Monday and "camped" in their parking lot Monday night. we played with all the stuff, I even took a shower, everything seemed to be in order, except in the morning we found a small water leak. It took some searching to find the source, which turned out to be the city water fill tube was not secure right behind the hose bib, and easy fix.

We drove it home Tuesday morning, Rochester, NY. What a nice driving rig, i was doing 70mph and according to the computer, we were getting 11.2 mpg with 67% in the fresh water tank.

My one complaint: the mattress sucks, Im an Eagle Scout and have camped on rocks and roots that were more comfortable than the piece of crap, they criminally call a mattress. Im sure the prisoners at Gitmo get a better mattress. the good news is, we bought a Brooklyn Bedding Queen Short a couple months ago in anticipation of this issue. So when we finally move into the RV we should be much more comfortable.

Anyway, we have temporarily named it, "The Escape Pod", i think we'll come up with a better name once we leave NY. maybe we'll change the name to "ROLLING FREEDOM"

TALLY-HOE
Congrats and you will love the new life. We escaped Boston years ago.
Retired US Navy Corpsman HMC(SW)(FMF)
HMCSW is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum