Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2021, 01:01 PM   #12
chunker21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Omni XG32 GONE for good
State: Alabama
THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosemary View Post
Thank you! Yes, I am probably worrying that about nothing. My family just doesn't like or trust Fords which is why it was distressing that my "dream RV" was a Ford. I just don't want to drive the RV and do more damage and my mechanic can't say 100% that it can be driven until the light is reset. Then, the issue of not even being able to find anyone that can do any type of warranty work on the F-53 has me more upset than the light issue. I even found out all the RV Dealerships anywhere near me (including the one I bought from) and not authorized to do warranty work. WTF??? While I love my RV, I am seriously thinking if selling it or trading it in for another type once I get this fixed. I really enjoy camping but maybe a Ford Chasis was not the best fit for my needs.
Unless you step up to a Freightliner chassis on a super C like some Dynamax, Renegade, etc, then your other alternative is something on a Sprinter, Mercedes Benz, chassis. If you think finding a suitable Ford repair shop is tough, try the MG. Not every MB dealer will service the Sprinter and fewer the RV versions. My sister in Chattanooga TN has to take it to Nashville or Knoxville if they want an MB dealer to do work. To put it bluntly, because some of your family members are idiots and don't like Ford is not a good reason to dump the Ford chassis. You've been given good alternatives but if you want to follow relatives bad advice and get rid of the current Ford based RV, do so.

You will find a few, not many choices on a GM chassis and some older ones also. Then you won't be concerned about warranty issues and you can get family members to do the work.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
chunker21 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum