Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2021, 07:35 AM   #9
morningglory

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Minnesota
THOR #2667
I may have solved the problem. I was pretty sure the batteries were fine - replaced them last spring and they worked fine - until they didn't!

It was very odd because turning off the engine would result in the radio (and all the house power) going dead for a few moments... resetting the radio each time... and then restart on battery power, which would last anywhere from seconds to a half hour - though by the end it was not coming on at all.

I checked the house batteries and the voltmeter read 12.6 for both of them. Just before I closed it up, I thought to check that funky little cut-off switch located over on the left side of the under-step battery compartment... the one that when it blows is is like a little yellow flag pops out and you reset it by pushing the "flag" back in. I found that the flag was not all the way in - and not all the way out. It was like it had blown half-way. In any case, when I popped it and reset it, all seems to be back to normal. I'll check it again tomorrow, but as of this afternoon it seems like there was something odd happening in what should be a switch that is either on or off.

Thanks for all the advice... and if problems persist, I'll be back!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum