Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2021, 07:55 PM   #2
david.l.good.33

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A.C.E 27.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2861
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBS99 View Post
Hello, I have searched everywhere for answers to this and have not had any luck. I have a 2014 Thor Ace 30.1 that the dash fan is really starting to make a lot of noise. I have looked all over to find out how you get the fan out without destroying the dash or taking it in to be replaced for $1000. I believe I found the fan for about $150 so if anybody has a secret to how it comes out please let me know. Thanks.
After looking about and under the dash, which is vinyl covered wood, I made a square jigsaw cut in the dash right in front of the fan. The fan comes right out. The reason they fail is because that heavy metal squirrel cage was installed and thus the overloaded bearing fails. I got the blower manufacturer contact information off the motor. I called them and they gave a direct replacement part number that I ordered from AutoZone for $54. It went right onto the housing and the mounting screw holes lined up exactly, and it operates perfectly, with a plastic squirrel cage. To finish the job, I made a wooden cover for the dash hole, stained it and used stainless square drive screws to mount it to the wood around the hole that remained. Now it looks like the coach came that way.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum