Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2021, 01:45 AM   #3
TBS99

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Washington
THOR #25236
Quote:
Originally Posted by david.l.good.33 View Post
After looking about and under the dash, which is vinyl covered wood, I made a square jigsaw cut in the dash right in front of the fan. The fan comes right out. The reason they fail is because that heavy metal squirrel cage was installed and thus the overloaded bearing fails. I got the blower manufacturer contact information off the motor. I called them and they gave a direct replacement part number that I ordered from AutoZone for $54. It went right onto the housing and the mounting screw holes lined up exactly, and it operates perfectly, with a plastic squirrel cage. To finish the job, I made a wooden cover for the dash hole, stained it and used stainless square drive screws to mount it to the wood around the hole that remained. Now it looks like the coach came that way.

That is great that you did it that way. I have started to remove stuff but got sidetracked.Do you by chance have the part number from Autozone? I have removed the top above the fan and the screws on the right hand side of the front panel but I have not got to the left screws yet.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	front panel.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	160.3 KB
ID:	35067  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum