Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2021, 02:21 PM   #14
chunker21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Omni XG32 GONE for good
State: Alabama
THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryD View Post
any chance there is enough slack in the line to clamp it down out of the way? Wouldnt take much....
Unfortunately no on 2 counts. That gap is essentially a box it goes in with solid on a 3 sides. It was clamped as I described so no movement. Taking that clamp out I still couldn't move it out of harm way. A physical relocation will be required so it doesn't go up that "rat hole". If there was as much as a foot extra it's possible it could be slid to clear that spring end but then it would kink going into the "hole". I'm not under it now and won't until later but that's a bandaid, if it would even reach, that causes other problems. Pinching. I'm curious how the line was routed supposedly before their reported start of problem. Maybe saving a foot or 2 of line was why they took a dangerous short cut route with the line.

I would urge every Omni/Magnitude owner to check theirs regardless of when it was built.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
chunker21 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum