Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2021, 11:19 PM   #2021
nmcmilla

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Gemini 23TR
State: British Columbia
THOR #5922
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner255 View Post
After winterizing the water system is there a way to turn off the gas to the instant hwh or pull the fuse?

I noticed that the red light on the switch is still illuminated.

Cheers and happy ny!
Hi Roadrunner, I use the switch yukongrant pictured during usual storage but during very low temps (like I’m experiencing right now) I leave it ON having read: "If you wish to operate the water heater in potentially freezing conditions the model GSWH-2 has a built in thermostat that will start the burner whenever the temperature of the Heat Exchanger falls below 38ºF and will automatically shutoff when it senses a temperature in excess of 58 º F". AND "To allow the Antifreeze Device to operate you must have sufficient LP Gas in the tank and12VDC power available and you must leave the unit powered with the ON / OFF switch in the ON position at all times that freezing may occur. It will not protect the entire RV's plumbing system." Fingers crossed nothing ruptures next trip out. Happy NYE! Nancy
source: https://www.manualslib.com/manual/11...ts-Gswh-2.html

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum