Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2022, 10:15 PM   #13
Jeepman1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Quantum 29kw
State: California
THOR #24729
Fitting

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastrd View Post
If you end up needing to replace the fitting, this is the only manufacturer:

https://www.icondirect.com/holding-t...3-hub-fitting/

$5 for the fitting and around $9 for shipping, similar prices on ebay

That plus a boatload of butyl caulk because the hose clamp won't make a good seal of the poly tank outlet against the o-ring on the fitting and it'll leak grossness the first time (ask me how I know). I basically entombed the fitting in caulk and it was fine for 2021 but it still makes me nervous.

The magic lube and butyl rubber wrap sounds like a winning combo, if I have to take it apart again this year I'd go that route. Might also wrap the whole thing in eternabond when finished.
I did have to replace the fitting but it was $20 with shipping from Dyers RV Supply. If it does leak, it's where I can pull it out of the tank and I found some 2120 butyl calk after I made the repair. I have it on hand. So far it's good. Thanks for the response and source

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum