Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: 2017 models
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2016, 03:51 AM   #68
Teeitup26

Brand: Still Looking
State: Colorado
THOR #1067
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigben View Post
Teeitup26 - I am also curious about how the 6 speed will navigate the long, steep slopes.

Also, how do you like the V10 gasser vs the DP - especially on the mountains?
Regarding the 6 speed. I have done extensive reading on the Ford site among others, and the whole idea behind the new transmission seems to be the control of speed and engine braking with it. You have the ability to hold the transmission in all the gears or not. It's not a tow/haul function. Tow/haul delays the shift up to a higher gear so that the engine is revving high enough to handle the load without lugging. I've probably misunderstood the Ford information which is why people are saying the 6 speed is harder to use for braking control.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum