Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2022, 06:07 PM   #5
DavidEM

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Connecticut
THOR #20289
I am not a fan of the WFCO converter that comes on Thor Axis/Vegas. I think it does not handle charging parameters well (it only has one battery setting for example) so I replaced it with a Progressive Dynamics 9160CV charger and I left the WFCO breakers and fuses alone.

The PD converter has handled charging well and I think avoids problems with over charger that may the cause of your short battery life.

But another problem is that your batteries aren't true deep cycle batteries. They are starting batteries with a deep cycle label on them. Starting batteries don't last long in deep cycle service.

I replace the OEM coach batteries with a pair of 100 Ah each AGM batteries the day I bought it. AGMs don't seem to care whether they operate in deep cycle service or not. Look on Amazon for Renogy or Windynation G31 100 Ah batteries. The Group 31s just fit into the under step battery compartment.

David

David

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum