Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2022, 01:09 AM   #6
Chateau_Nomad

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 24F
State: Ohio
THOR #16721
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
Because you could have both. If you got Cable connection outside it comes inside somewhere. The key is your TVs. Check them (the back) I suspect they have Coax cable already plugged/screwed in? If not; you could if you wanted to.

I have SOB and I have inside HDMI switcher and the Coax Cable connections. The coach was wired for them both meaning that I have HDMI wired to all three TVs and I have Coax wired to all 3 TVs. We never use a true cable connection, but before I got my T - Mobile Home Internet we would occasionally fired up the antenna to get local TV over coax.
Same here. We have an external coax connection point, which terminates at a coax connector in a cabinet above the entrance door, with a short coax cable connected to the TV in the bunk over the cab. There is another coax termination point (connection) in the bedroom.

We also have a small Monoprice HDMI "distribution switch" in the over door cabinet, with HDMI cables connecting the bunk TV and to the bedroom.

It's really not as confusing as it sounds. If connected to campground coax, go to the TV's settings and select "coax" as source.

We use a Firestick for streaming, which is plugged into the Monoprice switch. If we want to watch that, we go to the TV's settings and select HDMI as source.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum