Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2022, 10:17 PM   #14
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklehead View Post
Not sure why you need 30 amps in your coach for a visit at a home??? Having all that expense and using a contractor to provide power seems like a lot. If it were me, I'd use a 15 or 20 amp circuit to plug into and use an adaptor to my 30 amp power cable and manage my amp usage. Even the AC should work fine if you don't run the water heater, coffee pot, hairdryer and other high amperage devices---But that's just me!!! Hope it works out for you; Bob Trice

OP says...
I am also looking into installing a post for this year and future use, but this is pretty close to where I am parking so I was wondering if it would work.

In addition on this trip he expects to spend a few weeks. He is not home but Sister's house. OP should buy at least a new 30 amp service for his Sister , heck he is parking for free; but if it is me, I don't understand why not pay the extra $100 to have 50 amp, 30 amp and 20 amp service available on same box. Having one of these at home has been one of my best investments. There have been times, when I had 2 RVs on on 30 amps and the other on 50 amps at the same time.

I would NOT fool with the the existing wired possible transfer switch?

But I agree with you a simple 20amp to 30 amp dog bone is all he needs, he just need to manually manage the loads and using heavy duty extension cords. Yes a 12 gauged cord is recommended, but I use a 14/3 running AC & Fridge with no issues. Normally I will switch the fridge to propane. If I need 2 ACs I turn on the generator.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Eaton Sub Panel.JPG
Views:	29
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	38046  
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum